30th December 2018
IWWF’s Event Management System (EMS) Project On-Schedule
The IWWF announced earlier this year that its Executive Board selected QUBITEQ to develop its Event Management System (EMS).
The EMS will be made available to all IWWF member Federations, including their affiliates and athletes, as a free value-added benefit. The Programming is in progress and scheduled to be completed by the end of March 2019. The implementation at Confederation level will take place soon after, according to a timeline which will be communicated in due course.
The Project Team, comprising of representatives of the majority of the IWWF’s sports disciplines (waterski, cableski, disabled ski, wakeboard, cable wakeboard, barefoot and wakesurf) as well as an athlete representative, will be responsible for testing the EMS.
Dimos Alexopoulos, co-owner of QUBITEQ and Project Coordinator, is managing the major component of the project, managing all technical issues, handling all detailed tasks, co-ordinating with the Project Team and reporting to IWWF Executive Director and EMS Steering Committee Delegate, Paul Fong. As Steering Committee Delegate, Paul has been supervising the fulfilment of deadlines by Qubiteq, ensuring a link to the EMS Steering Committee, IWWF Executive Board, IWWF Confederations (Africa, Asia, Europe, Pan America and Oceania), etc.
The IWWF is also in the midst of recruiting an EMS Administrator from within its community. Among other tasks, he/she will be responsible for the implementation of the EMS, together with Dimos Alexopoulos, and then be responsible for the administration of the EMS moving forward, which will include users’ support.
The goals of IWWF’s EMS are as follows:
- Management of events / competitions of all level
- Interphase with IWWF’s calculation programme
- Enable event organizers (Federations, Clubs, etc.) to fully administer events: control registration / entry fee payments / valid licenses and communication with participants, etc.) and automatic electronic interface of participants data to the IWWF Scoring Programme
- Publication of Rankings List
- Offer Federations an automated online archive of all IWWF events and results
- Enable athletes to register online for competitions and maintain a history of their scores, placements, achievements, sponsors, etc.
- Offer Federations the possibility to have an overview and control of the activities of their athletes
- Enable the public and media access to event information and athletes’ biodatas
- Manage all IWWF sport disciplines
Please contact IWWF Executive Director, Paul Fong if you have any additional question.
30th April 2018
QUBITEQ Selected to Develop IWWF’s Event Management System (EMS)
About the IWWF: The International Waterski & Wakeboard Federation (IWWF) is the world governing body for towed watersports and has 91 affiliated Federations worldwide. It was founded in 1946 in Geneva, Switzerland. It is recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the sole authority for towed watersports. The IWWF is an affiliate member of the Association of IOC Recognized International Sports Federation (ARISF) and the Global Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF). The IWWF’s sports disciplines include, amongst others, Tournament Waterskiing (slalom, tricks & jump), Wakeboard, Cable Wakeboard, Cable Waterskiing, Disabled Waterskiing, Show Skiing, Ski Racing, Barefoot Waterskiing
Social Media & Other Important Links: